In order to remove a provider from monitoring in Passport, you must have Advanced Provider Access and/or Integration Import Access selected in your user permissions. If you do not have these authorities, you must get approval from an administrator at your organization.
This article outlines two methods to terminate (delete) a provider from monitoring in the Passport System:
During Onboarding, your implementation specialist will suggest which option is best for your organization.
Reminder: It is best practice to stick with ONE method of updating to ensure your system stays organized. Also, check with your manager and or ProviderTrust Representative to confirm what way of adding/deleting providers in the system your company has chosen.
Below are the steps for each method:
A) The File Method: (Integration Import Access required)
1) Use Column labeled "Monitoring End Date" to terminate a provider via the File Method. The date can be in the future or the past. If the entered date is in the future, the system will not term the provider until the designated date. Make sure the date is formatted correctly. (Example: MM/DD/YYY = 11/20/2011)
*If your organization is sending an update file from the HR system (you know this because you do not have to enter all of the data for the employees you hire- it populates automatically shortly after you add it to your HR system), then terminations will also be sent via your HR system once you have termed an employee from the HR system. Generally, File updates can take 1-2 weeks depending on how many employees are terminated from the HR system and how often an update file is sent to ProviderTrust.
B) The Manual Method: (Advanced Provider Access) Caution! Terminations are permanent. We default the earliest termination time to midnight of the current day when terminating manually. You can, however, select a future day and time for a future termination to take affect:
1) Sign in (facility.providertrust.com)
2) Click on the 'Providers' Tab along the top navigation bar.
3) Search for and locate which Provider you would like to remove.
4) Click the 'View' button to the left of the Provider.
5) Click the 'Unit History' Tab.
6) Click 'Set End Date' and enter the: date, time, and time zone. The date will automatically populate to today's date at midnight. You may change the time to terminate the provider sooner than midnight however, you can only select a time in the future. You will be unable to select a time in the past.
7 ) Click either 'Back' button to terminate (remove) another Provider.