Lesson 5: Basics of Monitor Alerts
When your organization has new monitor alerts to review, the organization's designated users will receive an email informing you to log-in to the system to review your alerts. Due to the sensitive nature of this information, we do not send alert details via email.
Once you login to Passport, you can either click directly on the red or yellow number on your dashboard or toggle to the Monitor tab from the top menu bar.
From the "Monitor" section, you have search filters to narrow your list of alerts for your review.
Severity represents the type of alert to review. Some organizations may opt to have specific users only verify certain types of alert. For example, your HR team may choose to review license alerts where your compliance team reviews exclusions and sanction alerts. The severity filter will allow you to select type of alerts to review.
Result Status represents the urgency that ProviderTrust recommends when reviewing an alert. The result status cannot be changed regardless of your investigation of an alert. Some examples of each color are as follows:
- Red: Matched Current Exclusion, Expired or Suspended License, Sanction or disciplinary action related to abuse or revocation, a match to the social security death master file
- Yellow: Unable to Determine Exclusion, a name on the license board that does not match the name of your provider, a disciplinary action or board order
- Green: Verified license in good standing, social security number that does not match the SSDMF, potential exclusion match verified as no match.
Progress Status represents your organization's progress in investigating a new alert. These statuses are fully customizable per organization. We have a standard set of progress statuses for your organization to get started:
- Needs Review : This represents a new alert, not yet reviewed by your team
- In Progress: This designates an alert that is currently being reviewed by your team
- Resolved: This represents an alert who's review is complete. Alerts in this status will not display in Dashboard count.
- No Review Needed: Found on Green Alerts that do not require attention from your users. Does not display in Dashboard Accounts
Progress Statuses also display on many reports. By customizing your progress statuses, you can clearly display audit friendly languages.
Examples of custom progress statuses clients have implemented:
- Sanction under management review
- Not excluded but under investigation
- Escalated to Upper Management
- Employee on Leave of Absence
- Resolved - Affidavit signed
You can also export a report of alerts to take offline by selecting Export on the bottom righthand side of the page. Your report will begin to generate and receive a link on the screen when it is ready to download.
To review an alert, select the alert you wish to review by clicking "View". The monitor alert will display all information available from the primary source (this may be an exclusion list, disciplinary action board, primary board source for licenses, etc).
Below the source information may include verification notes (how the verification team was able to match this information to the provider) any previous notes left by users at your organization and a section to leave your own notes and update progress status.
All notes are timestamped, dated and cannot be deleted providing clear audit trail.. Best practice is leaving detailed notes when possible to include in audit-scenarios if an auditor requests action steps taken by your team.
By clicking Client Provided Profile Data you will have the ability to review information that was provided by your organization from your HR system.
Additional Monitoring Results will display any additional monitoring alerts for your employee to give you full monitoring history at one time. For example, if you are reviewing an exclusion alert, you may wish to review if this employee received any previous sanctions or disciplinary actions.
Once you have left any relevant notes and updated the progress status accordingly, press Save and back to return to the list of monitor alerts.
Next: Types of Monitor Alerts
Need additional support? Contact the Client Care team for access to one of our on-demand training webinars.